The Institute for Testing of Materials, with a tradition of over eighty years, is the oldest scientific research institution in Serbia, whose references include the design of various outstanding structures and bridges, housing projects, hydro and thermal power plants, road infrastructure, mechanical structures, etc.
Today, the IMS Institute participates in almost all significant construction projects in Serbia and the region, in the phase of design, control, testing and supervision.
Products/Services: Scientific research and development in construction and production of construction materials, energetics, mechanical engineering, process industry and other fields; Laboratory testing and research of materials and products; Testing and research of building and mechanical structures; Control and acceptance of equipment of electric power plants and facilities and equipment under pressure; Geotechnical research works and soil testing; Development and application of construction technologies and prestressing systems; Development and control of all phases of project documentation; Consulting services and on-site supervision; Certification of products.
Production capacities: With its tradition, exceptional human resources, equipment and technical means at its disposal, the IMS Institute is ready to provide highly professional services in the field of its activities, to support the construction, metals, and energetics industries of Serbia and the region through research and development, control and experimental activities, in line with contemporary European requirements
Export markets: Angola, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Iraq, Italy, Kuwait, Libya, Montenegro, the Philippines, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Ukraine, etc.
Standards and certifications: The IMS Institute has a certified quality management system according to SRPS ISO 9001 and an occupational safety and health management system according to SRPS ISO 45001.
- The IMS Institute has the largest volume of accreditation in the region.
- Laboratories of the IMS Institute are accredited by the Accreditation Body of Serbia (ATS), according to SRPS ISOIEC 17025, General requirements for the competence of testing laboratories and calibration laboratories.
- The Certification Body of the IMS Institute for Certification of Products is accredited according to SRPS ISO/IEC 17065.
- The Certification Body for Certification of Persons is accredited according to SRPS ISO/IEC 17024.
- The Control Body of the IMS Institute for the control of products, processes and plants is accredited according to SRPS ISO/IEC 17020.
- The Provider for Proficiency Testing is accredited according to SRPS ISO/IEC 17043.
The Institute for Testing of Materials
A: Bulevar vojvode Mišića 43, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
P: +381 11 26 50 483
M: +381 63 10 79 553